Friday 13 February 2009

Magic and superstition

Well, here we are on Friday 13th and I, for one, have had a really good day. Thirteen is actually one of my lucky numbers, though I don't know why.
There are close ties between magic and superstition, as alluded to in my last post: one person's religion is another person's superstition and another person's magic show. If I sound like an atheist, I'm not, but I do find this area interesting, the intersection of magic, superstition and religion.
Although Richard Leigh's magic shows are the purest conjuring fun, it was notable that the shows he presented on Hallowe'en sold out very quickly. Is there something about prestidigitation that appeals to the primeval part of us?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home