Monday 11 May 2009

The magic of Facebook

I've been a member of Facebook for a week now and I must admit it has become a bit of an obsession. It's just so endlessly fascinating to be able to connect with people from all over the world, in such a relaxed and casual way. I've found several friends I thought I'd lost for ever.

In this technological age, it's amazing what we can do - although, as John van der Put pointed out, we take it for granted. Why is it that when a magician finds the four of diamonds it feels like magic, while chatting online to a friend in Australia doesn't? I've talked about this in the blog before but I find it a very interesting question.

Got to go now and check whether anyone has written on my virtual wall in Facebook :-)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home